Friday, November 22, 2013

Radiator and fan shroud

I purchased the entire cooling system from a company called Breeze Automotive.  It is a small business that specializes in parts for Factory Five Roadsters.  The inlet and outlet radiator tubes are solid pieces.  If I were to get the parts from Factory Five they would have been corrugated aluminum.  I think the solid pieces and the other stuff put out by Breeze is a nice touch to the car.

 
The bare aluminum shroud without the hole for the fan.

 
Fan hole cutout.

 
Mocking up the radiator without the shroud.  I needed to see where the hoses would be, so I knew where to run the power steering lines, which I still haven't run.

 
Fan being installed on the shroud.  This is the outside, but it will never be seen since it will be pointed down.

 
This is the inside of the shroud.  It will REALLY never be seen.  The part in the upper left is a fan temperature control.  I need to stick the probe between the channels of the radiator when the shroud gets attached.  It had an adjustment knob on the outside.
 
The next steps are to make the power steering lines and install them.  Then, mount the shroud on the radiator and install the cooling system.  After that I will temporarily connect the gauges for the tach, water temp, oil pressure and voltage.  Then, pull the distributor so I can prime the oil pump and then reinstall it.  Then it will be time to start the engine for the first time.  Hopefully that will happen before the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment