Thursday, May 1, 2014

Back from Vacation

We just got back from visiting family and friends in New York.  It was really great to see everyone again.  Before we wheeled the roadster and got it tuned up a little.  We were able to get the coolant filled, set the idle and fix a few leaks.  I wasn't able to check the timing because it was too bright outside for my ancient timing light.  I think I may need to get a new one.  We had a power steering leak on the hydroboost unit and a small leak at the carb.  Both were fixed with a little snugging up.  There was almost a much bigger issue though.  The car was out of the garage and I decided I could just drive it into the garage.  The seats were not bolted down and nothing was aligned, but I figured I was just going to let the clutch out a little and cost it in.  Everything was fine until I went to hit the brake and hit the gas instead.  The car lunged into the garage and I barely stopped it before I hit the wall.  The pedals were too close together, so I lowered the gas pedal a little.  I was very impressed with how much the car wanted to take off though.  Very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment