Wednesday, January 22, 2014

First Start!!!

I don't really have any pictures sorted out for posting, but here is the First Start the happened on 1/20/14.  Very short run.  The fuel rail to the carb has a place for a pressure gauge hook up, but I didn't install one.  The plug that was installed was not fuel tight and started to spray gas.  I tried to fix it a couple of times, but it just wouldn't hold.  I ordered a new tee without a plug and installed it today.  The fuel leak is gone.  I also had a valve cove gasket leaking oil.  That is fixed as well.  The last problem is the choke.  When I got the engine and carb the lever for the choke was unhooked.  I had to disassemble the choke to fix it.  Well, I put it together wrong.  I figured out how to do it correctly today.  I still need to get the fast idle (idle with choke on) set and tune the carb up.  The final adjustments will probably have to wait until it gets warm again


No comments:

Post a Comment