Thursday, May 1, 2014

Rough alignment is DONE

I really like math.  I took a few measurements and figured out the calculations for checking the camber and caster on the front and the camber on the back and used a string setup to check the track and toe on both.  Then I just needed to see what each adjustment would do.  It took me three tries to get the rear (including the test) and again only three tries for the front.  I got the rear track set and I think the toe is close.  I have the rear camber at about -0.6 deg.  My measurements have the front camber both at -1.0 deg the casters at +6.5 and +7 and the toe at 1/16" in with the steering wheel centered.  It went faster than I expected, but still need to be professionally done.  For that I will need to tow it to a shop.  The place I am probably going to take it is up in Brighton though.

Here are some pics of the string setup I used.


No comments:

Post a Comment