Friday, April 17, 2015

Driver side footbox access hole

When I purchased my kit, it did not include access into the top of the driver's side footbox.  It is a necessity so that I can have access to the pedals and the clutch cable for any repairs or replacements should the need arise.   I did what many other builders do, I made my own access hole.  I put the body on and made a line to show what part of the box I could get to after the car was done.  Then, I cut a hole and made another piece for a panel.  I added rivnuts to the panel to make the lid easy to remove.  It has since been powdercoated the same anthracite color as the rest of the engine bay panels. These pictures were taken prior to powdercoating.  If I were to purchase a kit NOW, it would come with an access hole already built into it.




No comments:

Post a Comment