Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Welding fun and prepping the engine.

 These are the braces that I welded up for the passenger's "Oh, Crap!" bar.
 With the braces installed and painted.  They look like they actually belong there.  It wasn't the prettiest welding, but I pushed and pulled on them with everything I had.  I thought I was going to pull the car off the jack stands and they did not budge.
 This is the spring from the power steering pump piston.  The pump is for a fox body Mustang and puts out a little too much pressure for the lighter roadster.  Cutting the spring lowers the power steering pressure and makes the car easier to drive.
 I welded on a small plate to the clutch pedal stop.  The pedal assembly is from a 2004 Mustang.  With my setup (having to pull out the stock clutch quadrant) the clutch pedal would be about 5 inches above the brake pedal.  This plate lowers the clutch pedal to where I like it.
My engine all dressed up.  I installed all the accessories while out of the car to make sure it all fit correctly and to figure out the belt length.  I pulled all that stuff back off before the engine install.

No comments:

Post a Comment