Tuesday, April 23, 2013

It's been a while..... BRAKE LINES!!! (The bane of my existance)

 This is a view from the master cylinder.  The silver sleeving over the brake line is thermal insulation.  The header is going to be only a few inches away in this area.  The insulation is supposed to protect up to 2000F radiant heat.  I also went with the highest temperature brake fluid I could find.
 This is the passenger brake line where it will pass below the radiator.
 Brake line running aft.  The larger line is the fuel line.
 Fuel and brake lines where they pass behind the driver's seat.
 Rear brake line passing under the trunk.
 Passenger rear line crossing over.
All of the brake lines before final installation.  It took me almost 2 months to get these lines the way I wanted them.  Most of them I did in one try, but I made a template for EVERY bend I did.  Practicing to see exactly where I needed to make the next bend.  Just like the fuel line, I found that the third dimension was really frustrating for me.  I'm still not 100% sure that they are perfectly leak tight.  If I ever talk about building another car, please remind me about the brake and fuel lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment