Thursday, November 22, 2012

It's been a while Part 2

I ordered an engine last week.  It will be delivered in late December to early January.  It is a 351W, with 400 HP and 400 ft-lb of torque.  The engine builder had a sale on his engine so I saved about $300 on it.  I went with the 351 over the 430 HP 347 because I will be able to upgrade the 351 sometime down the road.  The 347 was maxed out.  I can take the 351 and make it into a 408 with about 500 HP.  I also ordered the transmission and clutch components.  The tranny is a TKO-600 with a nice overdrive.

I actually did work on the car a little today.  I reinstalled the F-panels that I picked up yesterday.  I have not put the rest of the front end back together yet.  That will happen next week.  I do have the brake and clutch pedals in with the hydroboost and steering shaft.


Most of the passenger footbox and firewall are installed.  The powdercoat color is Anthracite.  It looks awesome.




I have a rope taped into the rear of the car to help plan where I want the break lines and to help me visualize the bends I need to make in the fuel line.



The new fuel line comes in a coil, so I need to straighten it.  I put groves in some 2X4's to uncoil it into and help me get it straight.  No, I am not using copper for the fuel lines.  I am using it to practice with and figure out all the bends I need to make.



More to come next week.  Hopefully.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment